Last Updated: 27 June 2018
Pair Us Pty Limited ACN 602 707 924 (‘Pair Us’, ‘Pair’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, or ‘Company’) respects the privacy of our users (‘you’) and is committed to protect your privacy. This privacy relates to Pair Us services offered through the pair.app website, and the Pair application through the iOS platform and any other devices and platforms (‘Service’).
Type of Information We Collect and Store
Information you provide
Personal information is information about you that can be use to identify you. We collect and store the following:
- ‘Personal Information’ such as identifying information such as your name, gender, date of birth, occupation, location data, mobile number, email addresses, and photographs;
- Email addresses are only used for responding to emails that you initiate and notifications that you request.
- Sensitive information such as your ethnicity, religion, gender you are interested in, political opinions, membership of a political association, professional or trade association, and philosophical beliefs; and
- Your interaction with our Service including match-based content including people that you liked, declined, unmatched, expiring connections, chats, reports, ratings, feedback, scores, dispute resolution or any content you generate or relating to your Account. You may provide other information such as but not limited to your interests, body type, height, your matching requirements or preferences.
We collect and store your Personal Information when you register an Account on Pair. Your Personal Information will be available for viewing to Other Users (including users who may not have registered with us). We advise that you exercise good judgement and discretion in relation to Your Personal Information that you provide as we are unable to control how Your Personal Information will be used, stored, shared by Other Users.
If you use Pair’s messaging service, you provide Pair and Other Users whom you chat with, your chat content in form of text messages, audio files, videos, photographs; and we store such content. Other Users whom you chat with may store and/or share this content.
You may provide Personal Information when you contact us, participate in activities on our Service such as, but not limited to survey, contest, marketing, promotional activities or thereto.
Information collected from third parties
We collect the unique transaction IDs and receipts when you make purchase Pair subscriptions through our application or via Apple iTunes. We do not collect or process your credit card information.
Information collected by technology
We collect and store information on your Advertising Identifier assigned by Apple, Internet Protocol address (‘IP Address’), device type, browser type, language, operating system used by your device to access our Service, access duration, time and date of use, session duration, time-stamp, screens you visited, geographical location, and referring websites address; and transactions made within Pair.
We may use tracking technologies such as cookies or others so that we can collect information when you use our Service. We may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or similar.
If you enable notifications, we must store a token to send them.
Our service providers may collect information about you while you are on our Service. They may collect information from you through tracking technologies. Information they may collect include apps that you have installed and enabled; app analytics (session time, duration); mobile advertising identifiers; geographical location information or WiFi information, which may be associated with Mobile IDs; IP address as well as system configuration information; information related to devices, such as device type; type and version of operating system; network provider; mobile browser; language setting; time zone; and network status type (such as WiFi).
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use Your Personal Information collected to:
- Provide, facilitate, perform, personalise, and improve our Service;
- Manage our business;
- Understand you, and how we can meet your current and future needs;
- Help us understand and develop a customised user experience based on your preferences, behaviour and activities;
- Verify your identity;
- Respond to your enquires, and to provide customer support;
- Resolve disputes or to investigate any complaints you made or made against you;
- Prevent, detect or investigate any potential breaches, illegal activities or prohibited content on Pair Service;
- Contact you regarding your use of our Service or your Account;
- Monitor and analyse your use of our Service;
- Research, evaluate, and develop our Service;
- Promote or communicate information, updates, news about our Service or new services of Pair Us or its subsidiaries; and such communications may be initiated from Pair or through third parties;
- Develop, show, measure and track advertising (including but not limited to content, survey, promotions of our Service, our new services and of third parties; and to collect information about you and on how you interact with it while you use our Service;
- Comply with any applicable law.
To Whom We Disclose or Share Your Personal Information
We do not disclose or share your mobile number or date of birth details with Other Users.
When you register as a User with Pair Services, your Personal Information will be shown to Other Users and possibly shared by Other Users on our Services.
To prevent your profile being visible to Other Users, you can turn off ‘Allow others to match me’ under the Menu within the Pair application although you will still be visible to Other Users whom you have previously matched with.
When you use our messaging service to send and receive text messages from Other Users, they will be able to see or/and share the content of your chat.
We may share your Personal Information we collect with Pair Us subsidiaries.
Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with service providers that help us carry out certain services including but not limited to service delivery, user verification, data storage, data management, push notifications, service development, marketing assistance, customer service, analytics, administration, contests, surveys, research, service security, ad tracking, communications, auditing or other services offered or to be offered by Pair.
Other Privacy Exceptions. We give access, use and/or disclose your Personal Information:
- When we are obliged by the law to comply in instances such as, but not limited to responding to subpoenas, legal processes, requests from the police, law enforcement or other relevant government bodies; to take legal action or to defend Pair Us against legal claims, to protect the integrity of our Service
- In the event of a significant corporate transaction, divestiture, merger or change of control of Pair Us, its subsidiary, division or services, such as but not limited to merger, acquisition, asset sale, investment, partnership, consolidation, restructuring, IPO or bankruptcy.
We may store, use, share, process and transfer your Personal Information outside the country you live in.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We implement security safeguards to help protect your Personal Information in accordance to industry standards. However, we are unable to warrant or guarantee the security of your Personal Information including chats and communications. You should be vigilant and exercise caution in disclosing, and sharing your Personal Information on our Service and to Other Users.
Accessing and Editing Your Personal Information
Account deletion should be done within the Pair app, not via email requests, for security reasons.
This Service is strictly for individuals who are 18 and above. Anyone who wishes to use the Service will be required to enter their date of birth to ensure that they meet our age requirement. We do not intentionally collect, store, use or share Personal Information from anyone who is under 18. Please notify us at email@example.com or report this on the Pair application if you become aware of a person who is under the age of 18 and has provided us with their Personal Information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website or apps are structured to attract anyone under 13.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Information for European Union Customers
By using Pair and providing your information, you authorise us to collect, use, and store your information outside of the European Union.
International Transfers of Information
Information may be processed, stored, and used outside of the country in which you are located. Data privacy laws vary across jurisdictions, and different laws may be applicable to your data depending on where it is processed, stored, or used.
Pair Support Team
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org